8/23/07

Trollop

It seems my beloved boyfriend has, contrary to all my beliefs, taken to reading my blog. I don't particularly care because it's not like I have anything to hide, but his silent observation of my life that he has a front row seat to at all times has become not so silent. He came home last night with a smug look on his face, and over our lovely dinner of Mac'n'Cheese he told me how disappointed he was in me.

You see, I've lied to you, sort of. I really haven't done much blogging lately because I really do have nothing to talk about, but the reason I really have nothing to talk about is because I spend every waking moment of my free time glued to the guitar remote that comes with Guitar Hero II. I'm addicted, and it's not pretty. What's worse is that my father, of all people, is insanely awesome at the game, thus making my compulsion to totally rock out that much stronger because I am the only person in my entire family with any musical/artistic ability. I refuse to let a 55 year old engineer take me down in a video game! REFUSE!

I'm sorry I lied. I hope you can understand why I did {think ashamed}.

Labels:

Brought to you by Mistress Empyrean at 8/23/2007 04:18:00 PM
| link to this post |




12 People Who Bitched:

Blogger Erica Ann Putis said...

Haha... That game is taking everyone by storm! I have yet to try it but did watch it for a while. I made me want to play bass... but you know... The real kind. :)

August 23, 2007 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger Rod Pitman said...

I am an internet content producer and would like to talk to you about a show segment. Please email uriel@7thscreen.com re:AlphaGeekTV

August 23, 2007 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Mistress Empyrean said...

Erica: It's insanely fun, in a dorky dorky way.

Rod: Suck it.

King Dyck: I actually do play the real guitar in a band. Shocking huh?

August 23, 2007 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Stan Bull said...

Dyck prefers to play his own instrument. He's an accomplished soloist by all accounts.
I've never heard of this guitar game thing but then I am stricken with Lymie-itis and thus, thoroughly behind the times.
Who is this Ron, the "internet content producer" ? I bet he has a segment to offer you....

August 24, 2007 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Newmania said...

Is that really you? Coo aren`t you sweet. I thought I was the only one who used the word Mephitic which I did recently discussing Gordon Brown

Noxious yes but with diabolical associations obviously.

August 24, 2007 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger SpongyBones said...

It's the addiction that forces us to lie. It's really not our fault. Tell that man of yours that Intervention is not needed. I would do this fast before the camera crews show up and your thumbs are cuffed together until you agree to just let go ... I'm addicted to Warcraft. I know where you are coming from. No mom I can't talk on the phone right now, I'm working! Hmmmmmmm hope she isn't spying on me too!

August 24, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Stan Bull said...

Ah, Newmania, a fellow Limey and a very decent chap.

August 24, 2007 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Be careful Guitar hero 2 is a gateway game. Next thing you know you'll be in some bowling alley arcade at 3 AM playing Dance Dance Revolution against 15 year old asian boys for hand release.

August 24, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Erica Ann Putis said...

What's your band?? Do you only play in Portland?

August 24, 2007 at 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We understand. And we're proud of you for taking the first step: Admitting you have a problem.

Ryan stole the rest of what was to be a highly entertaining comment about gateway games and such. Shitballs, indeed.

August 24, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

There is an extra spot in my G.H. addicts support group. You are welcome to join us.

August 25, 2007 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You disgust me. Can I come over and play?

August 28, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

♦Home♦