7/11/07

Queerest of the Queer

I’m not sure how to get people to read my own blog, or maybe my own blog is just so horrible people come, they see, and then flee. Either way, I do read quite a few peoples blogs and one of them had a cutesy wootsy little survey-ish thing called a meme, and because I’m sitting here at work with nothing to do on account of my boss being fired by her boss who was fired by his boss today, I’m desperately searching for things to occupy my time.

The rules are as follows: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Naturally, I have no one to tag.

1. Perhaps it’s not so much strange as proof-positive of the fact I’m a degenerate, but I’m the type of person who will hesitate, ponder, and actually do intensive research on something like mattresses, which lord knows Avery and I need a new one ‘cause ours sinks in the middle, before I’ll purchase it and even then I’ll hesitate because of the price; however, when it comes to clothing, shoes, art supplies, and music related things I have absolutely no reservations about dropping $1,000 and don’t see the big deal when I do.

2. It absolutely drives me nuts when the toilet paper dispenser is on the right side of the toilet, so much so that I don’t let Avery put toilet paper in any of the toilet paper dispensers in our apartment because they are all located on the right. Instead, we place them on a little table located on the left side of the toilet.

3. My natural hair color is dark brown and I have aqua-ish colored eyes. My twin brother is blonde and brown eyed. Figure that one out!

4. I can fake an American accent to the point of pure perfection except when it comes to words that have a long “A” sound, like talk. Not a huge deal, but it is amusing when I converse with people who don’t know I’m from South Af and they make a sort of perplexed face when I say such a word and you can tell they immediately dismiss it as something that is totally in their head.

5. Growing up, my pet was a black-backed jackal named Lars that I found as a puppy one day while walking home from primary. I gave him the remnants of my sandwich; he followed me home and never left my side. He even slept with me. If you don’t know what a black-backed jackal is, it’s similar to a fox and foxes, even those raised in captivity, are rarely comfortable around humans in their adult life. Not a far stretch that I’m now the Mum to a ¾ Wolf hybrid named Alex, ay?

6. I’ve been with Avery for five years. I’ve been in my band for six. Avery has never seen my band play.

7. I am a certified stunt driver. Think fast and the furious, except I drive a Honda Fit.

8. I can orgasm simply from someone biting my neck in the right spots.
Brought to you by Mistress Empyrean at 7/11/2007 11:43:00 AM
| link to this post |




6 People Who Bitched:

Blogger good'n'very plenty said...

How do you get certified as a stunt driver?

July 11, 2007 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Erica Ann Putis said...

Wow!! You are a great writer! I read back a couple of entries and was captivated. :)

July 12, 2007 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over from Ask and Ye Shall Receive...glad I came! I love your writing and your life story is so interesting!

I hate your abs, though.

July 12, 2007 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I found you through the mircale of geography. You're doing a good thing here, however, I urge you to seek therapy for the whole OCD toilet paper thing.

July 12, 2007 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Mistress Empyrean said...

Good'n'Very'Plenty: Well, you go through certification. I know, you never saw that one coming.

Erica Ap: Well thank you! Please stop back ;)

DangerDoll: Sorry about the abs. I'll have to eat another 12-pack of donuts for breakfast again.

Blog Portland: Please tell me you've seen the rainbow tossing bug. Please!

July 12, 2007 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm here from Dangerdoll's...

I'm intrigued by number eight -- has it always been that way or did you work up to it.

Because I'd like to orgasm from someone just saying "hello." ;)

July 13, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

♦Home♦